Telnet is a command tool that is built for administering remote servers using the command prompt. It is a protocol that enables, to connect to local and remote computers on TCP/IP network. Telnet is disabled in modern windows by default. Windows 7 and Windows 8 do not come with Telnet client installed by design like Vista and Windows XP. You should enable it to use it. Here are some easy steps to install telnet on windows 7 and 8.
1. Open “Control Panel” from the start menu. You can also search by typing “Control Panel” on the search bar on the start menu if you don’t get it.
2. Open “Programs and Features” or “Programs,” (this depends on whether your Control Panel is in Category view or Icon)
3. Click on “Turn Windows features on or off” (it may ask for administrator password)
4. Search for “Telnet Client” entry, and you may need to scroll down to find it. Click the box next to Telnet Client to check it and click OK.
It may take some time to install after selecting it.
5. Install Telnet! First, open the command prompt by typing cmd on the Run box on your start menu. When command Prompt opens type (pkgmgr /iu:”TelnetClien”) and press Enter. After some time you will return to Command Prompt.
Install telnet on windows 7 and 8 using command Prompt with a quick command for easy installation. Now, restart Command Prompt to begin using Telnet. 1. Open the command prompt by typing cmd on the Run box on your start menu, through which Telnet runs. Type Telnet on Command Prompt and press Enter to start Microsoft Telnet. Command Prompt will disappear, and Telnet command line will show up, which displays as Microsoft Telnet.
2. Type “open serveraddress” at Telnet command line. You are connected if you get prompted for your username and password or a welcome message.
3. You can also begin connection directly through Command Prompt by typing telnet serveraddress [port].
4. After finishing your Telnet server, you should close the connection before shutting down your computer.
Press Ctrl+], to open Telnet command line, Type “quit” and press Enter to end your connection.